35th Annual NAMM TEC Awards Voting Sweepstakes
NO PURCHASE OR PAYMENT OF ANY KIND IS NECESSARY TO ENTER OR WIN. A PURCHASE OR PAYMENT WILL NOT INCREASE YOUR CHANCES OF WINNING. Void where prohibited by law and outside the United States. Subject to all federal, state and local laws, regulations, and ordinances. Sweepstakes begins on November 20, 2019 at 3:00 p.m. Pacific Time (“PT”) and ends on December 31, 2019 at 11:59 p.m. PT (the “Sweepstakes Period”). Sponsor’s computer is the official time keeping device for this Sweepstakes.
- Eligibility: The 35th Annual NAMM TEC Awards Voting Sweepstakes (the “Sweepstakes”) is open to legal U.S. residents currently residing in the 50 United States and the District of Columbia who are (a) 18 years old or the age of majority, whichever is older as of the date of entry; (b) currently employed or self-employed in the music, sound or entertainment technology industries; and (c) received an email invitation (“Email Invitation”) from Sponsor to vote in the 35th Annual TEC Awards (as discussed further below). Employees, officers, and directors of the National Association of Music Merchants (“Sponsor”) or any of its parents, affiliates, subsidiaries, representatives, consultants, contractors, legal counsel, advertising, public relations, promotional, fulfillment, and marketing agencies, website providers, and web masters (collectively, the “Sweepstakes Entities”) and members of their immediate families (spouses, parents, siblings and children, regardless of where they live) and those living in the same household are not eligible to enter or win. Participation constitutes entrant’s full and unconditional agreement to these Official Rules and to Sponsor’s decisions, which are final and binding in all matters related to the Sweepstakes. Winning a prize is contingent upon fulfilling all requirements set forth herein. Sponsor reserves the right to verify the eligibility of winners.
PLEASE NOTE: It is the entrant’s sole responsibility to review and understand his or her employer’s policies regarding eligibility to participate in trade promotions. If participation in this promotion is in violation of employer policies, the entrant may be disqualified from entering or receiving prizes. Sponsor disclaims any and all liability or responsibility for disputes arising between an employee and his or her employer related to this matter, and prizes will only be awarded in compliance with the employer’s policies. Government employees are not eligible to enter. This is a trade promotion and is not open to the general public.
- Sponsor: National Association of Music Merchants, 5790 Armada Drive, Carlsbad, CA 92008.
- How to Enter: During the Sweepstakes Period, follow the instructions in the Email Invitation to submit your contact information and vote in at least three categories of the official 35th Annual NAMM TEC Awards voting ballot (“Ballot”). Upon completion of this voting process, you automatically will be entered with one (1) entry into the Sweepstakes. You must provide all required information to be eligible to enter and win. All potential winners are subject to verification before any prize will be awarded. Normal Internet access, phone, and usage charges imposed by your online or phone service may apply. Limit: LIMIT ONE (1) ENTRY PER PERSON. ADDITIONAL ENTRIES WILL BE DISQUALIFIED. Automated or bulk entries or entries submitted by third parties will be disqualified. Entries must be submitted by the participant. No copies, facsimiles, or mechanical reproductions of the Ballot will be accepted. Any attempt by any participant to obtain more than the stated number of entries by using multiple and/or different identities, forms, ballots, registrations, email addresses, logins, or any other methods will void that participant’s entries, and that participant may be disqualified at Sponsor’s discretion. Multiple participants are not permitted to share the same email address. In the event of a dispute as to any entry, the authorized account holder of the email address used to register will be deemed to be the entrant. The “authorized account holder” is the natural person assigned an email address by an Internet access provider, online service provider or other organization responsible for assigning email addresses for the domain associated with the submitted address. Potential winners may be required to show proof of being the authorized account holder to the Sponsor or forfeit the prize. Entries specifying an invalid, non-working, or inactive email address will be disqualified and ineligible to win. Incomplete, illegible, corrupted, or untimely entries are void and will be disqualified.
Sponsor and Sponsor’s agents, affiliates, subsidiaries, representatives or service providers may use entrants’ personal information submitted with entry for purposes of prize fulfillment and/or for future marketing by Sponsor, such as to notify them of a product or promotion that Sponsor thinks may be of interest.
- Selection of Winners: On or about January 6, 2020, Sponsor will select the name of potential winners of the prizes in a random drawing from among all entries received. The odds of winning are based on the number of eligible entries received. The potential winners will be notified by email on or about January 6, 2020. Except where legally prohibited, each potential winner may be required to sign and return, within seven (7) days of being notified, a Declaration of Eligibility, Liability & Publicity Release in order to claim his/her prize. If a potential winner cannot be contacted in person via email after the first attempt to contact him/her, or if he/she fails to sign and return the Declaration of Eligibility, Liability & Publicity Release within the required time period (if applicable), or in the event that a potential winner is disqualified for any reason, Sponsor will award the applicable prize to an alternate winner selected by a random drawing from among all remaining eligible entries.
Verification of Potential Winners: ALL POTENTIAL WINNERS ARE SUBJECT TO VERIFICATION BY SPONSOR, WHOSE DECISIONS ARE FINAL AND BINDING IN ALL MATTERS RELATED TO THE SWEEPSTAKES. AN ENTRANT IS NOT A WINNER OF ANY PRIZE UNLESS AND UNTIL ENTRANT’S ELIGIBILITY HAS BEEN VERIFIED AND ENTRANT HAS BEEN NOTIFIED THAT VERIFICATION IS COMPLETE.
- Prizes: The following three (3) prizes will be awarded to three (3) different winners (one (1) prize per winner):
- One (1) VIP ticket to the 35th Annual TEC Awards on January 18, 2020 in Anaheim, California; one (1) seat at NAMM President and CEO Joe Lamond’s private table; and one (1) reserved parking space. Approximate Retail Value (“ARV”): $240.00
- Two (2) VIP tickets to the 35th Annual TEC Awards on January 18, 2020 in Anaheim, California. ARV: $390.00
- One (1) $250 gift certificate to Morton’s Steakhouse, located adjacent to the Hilton Anaheim (the site of the 35th Annual TEC Awards). Issuer terms and conditions apply to card; see front and back of card for terms. ARV: $250.00
Total ARV of all prizes to be awarded: $880.00.
PRIZE RESTRICTIONS: Limit one (1) prize per person, per household. Any and all applicable federal, state, and local taxes and all fees and expenses related to acceptance and use of prize not specifically stated herein are the responsibility solely of winner. Please note that travel to/from the TEC Awards will not be provided. Prize cannot be substituted, assigned, transferred, or redeemed for cash; however, Sponsor reserves the right to make equivalent prize substitutions at its sole discretion. Sponsor will not replace any lost or stolen prizes or components of a prize(s). Prize cannot be used in conjunction with any other promotion or offer. Only the number of prizes stated in these Official Rules is available to be won in the Sweepstakes. If, by reason of a print or other error, more prizes are claimed than the number set forth in these Official Rules, an alternate winner will be selected in accordance with the winner selection method described above from among all eligible claimants making purportedly valid claims to award the advertised number of prizes available.
- GENERAL CONDITIONS: This Sweepstakes is governed by the laws of the United States. Participation constitutes entrant’s full and unconditional agreement to these Official Rules and to Sponsor’s decisions, which are final and binding in all matters related to the Sweepstakes. Sponsor and its agencies are not responsible for lost, late, incomplete, damaged, stolen, misdirected, or illegible entries; lost, interrupted, or unavailable network, server, or other connections, garbled transmissions or miscommunications, telephone transmission problems; computer or software malfunctions or damage to a user’s computer equipment (software or hardware); technical failures; or other errors or malfunctions of any kind whether human, mechanical, electronic, or otherwise. Proof of sending or submission of entry will not be deemed proof of receipt by Sponsor. Sponsor’s failure to enforce any term of these Official Rules shall not constitute a waiver of that provision.
- WARNING: ANY ATTEMPT BY AN ENTRANT OR ANY OTHER INDIVIDUAL TO DELIBERATELY DAMAGE ANY WEBSITE ASSOCIATED WITH THIS SWEEPSTAKES OR UNDERMINE THE LEGITIMATE OPERATION OF THE SWEEPSTAKES MAY BE A VIOLATION OF CRIMINAL AND CIVIL LAW, AND, SHOULD SUCH AN ATTEMPT BE MADE, SPONSOR RESERVES THE RIGHT TO PROSECUTE AND SEEK DAMAGES FROM ANY SUCH PERSON TO THE FULLEST EXTENT PERMITTED BY LAW. Sponsor reserves the right at its sole discretion to disqualify any individual it finds to be attempting to tamper with or undermine the entry process, the website, and/or the legitimate operation of the Sweepstakes; to violate the Official Rules; or to act in an unsportsmanlike or disruptive manner or with the intent to annoy, abuse, threaten, or harass any other person. If, for any reason, the Sweepstakes is not capable of running as planned, Sponsor may, in its sole discretion, void any suspect entries and (a) cancel or terminate the Sweepstakes (or any portion thereof); (b) modify the Sweepstakes or suspend the Sweepstakes to address the impairment and then resume the Sweepstakes in a manner that best conforms to the spirit of these Official Rules; and/or (c) award the prize at random from among the eligible, non-suspect entries received up to the time of the impairment.
- PUBLICITY; LIMITATIONS OF LIABILITY AND RELEASES:
BY PARTICIPATING IN THIS SWEEPSTAKES, ENTRANT AGREES THAT SPONSOR AND ITS PARENT COMPANIES, AFFILIATES, SUBSIDIARIES, REPRESENTATIVES, CONSULTANTS, CONTRACTORS, LEGAL COUNSEL, ADVERTISING, PUBLIC RELATIONS, PROMOTIONAL, FULFILLMENT AND MARKETING, WEBSITE PROVIDERS, WEB MASTERS, AND THEIR RESPECTIVE OFFICERS, DIRECTORS, EMPLOYEES, REPRESENTATIVES, AND AGENTS (THE “RELEASED PARTIES”) WILL HAVE NO LIABILITY WHATSOEVER FOR, AND SHALL BE HELD HARMLESS BY ENTRANTS AGAINST, ANY LIABILITY FOR ANY INJURIES, LOSSES OR DAMAGES OF ANY KIND TO PERSONS, INCLUDING PERSONAL INJURY OR DEATH, OR PROPERTY RESULTING IN WHOLE OR IN PART, DIRECTLY OR INDIRECTLY, FROM ACCEPTANCE, POSSESSION, MISUSE, OR USE OF THE PRIZE, ENTRY, OR PARTICIPATION IN THIS SWEEPSTAKES OR IN ANY SWEEPSTAKES RELATED ACTIVITY, OR ANY CLAIMS BASED ON PUBLICITY RIGHTS, DEFAMATION OR INVASION OF PRIVACY, OR MERCHANDISE DELIVERY. THE RELEASED PARTIES ARE NOT RESPONSIBLE IF ANY PRIZE CANNOT BE AWARDED DUE TO CANCELLATIONS, DELAYS, OR INTERRUPTIONS DUE TO ACTS OF GOD, ACTS OF WAR, NATURAL DISASTERS, WEATHER, OR TERRORISM. BY PARTICIPATING IN THIS SWEEPSTAKES, ENTRANT AGREES THAT THE RELEASED PARTIES WILL NOT BE RESPONSIBLE OR LIABLE FOR ANY INJURIES, DAMAGES, OR LOSSES OF ANY KIND, INCLUDING DIRECT, INDIRECT, INCIDENTAL, CONSEQUENTIAL, OR PUNITIVE DAMAGES TO PERSONS, INCLUDING DEATH, OR TO PROPERTY ARISING OUT OF ACCESS TO AND USE OF ANY WEBSITE ASSOCIATED WITH THIS SWEEPSTAKES OR THE DOWNLOADING FROM AND/OR PRINTING MATERIAL DOWNLOADED FROM SUCH SITE.
EXCEPT WHERE PROHIBITED BY LAW, PARTICIPATION IN THE SWEEPSTAKES CONSTITUTES WINNER’S GRANT TO SPONSOR (WHICH GRANT WILL BE CONFIRMED IN WRITING ON REQUEST OF SPONSOR), AND THE RELEASED PARTIES THE RIGHT AND PERMISSION TO PRINT, PUBLISH, BROADCAST, AND USE, WORLD WIDE IN ANY MEDIA NOW KNOWN OR HEREAFTER DEVELOPED, INCLUDING BUT NOT LIMITED TO THE WORLD WIDE WEB, AT ANY TIME OR TIMES, THE WINNER’S ENTRY, NAME, PORTRAIT, PICTURE, VOICE, LIKENESS, OPINIONS AND BIOGRAPHICAL INFORMATION (INCLUDING BUT NOT LIMITED TO HOMETOWN AND STATE) FOR ADVERTISING, TRADE, AND PROMOTIONAL PURPOSES (INCLUDING THE ANNOUNCEMENT OF HIS OR HER NAME ON TELEVISION OR RADIO BROADCAST) WITHOUT ADDITIONAL CONSIDERATION, COMPENSATION, PERMISSION, OR NOTIFICATION.
WITHOUT LIMITING THE FOREGOING, EVERYTHING REGARDING THIS SWEEPSTAKES, INCLUDING THE WEBSITE AND ALL PRIZES, ARE PROVIDED “AS IS” WITHOUT WARRANTY OF ANY KIND, EITHER EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, INCLUDING BUT NOT LIMITED TO, THE IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF MERCHANTABILITY, FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE, OR NON-INFRINGEMENT. SOME JURISDICTIONS MAY NOT ALLOW THE LIMITATIONS OR EXCLUSIONS OF LIABILITY FOR INCIDENTAL OR CONSEQUENTIAL DAMAGES OR EXCLUSION OF IMPLIED WARRANTIES, SO SOME OF THE ABOVE LIMITATIONS OR EXCLUSIONS MAY NOT APPLY. CHECK LOCAL LAWS FOR ANY RESTRICTIONS OR LIMITATIONS REGARDING THESE LIMITATIONS OR EXCLUSIONS.
- DISPUTES. Except where prohibited, entrant agrees that: (1) any and all disputes, claims and causes of action arising out of or connected with this Sweepstakes or any prize awarded shall be resolved individually, without resort to any form of class action, and exclusively by the appropriate Federal or State Court located in San Diego County, California; (2) any and all claims, judgments and awards shall be limited to actual out-of-pocket costs incurred, including costs associated with entering this Sweepstakes, but in no event attorneys’ fees; and (3) under no circumstances will entrant be permitted to obtain awards for, and entrant hereby waives all rights to claim, indirect, punitive, incidental and consequential damages and any other damages, other than for actual out-of-pocket expenses, and any and all rights to have damages multiplied or otherwise increased. All issues and questions concerning the construction, validity, interpretation and enforceability of these Official Rules, or the rights and obligations of the entrant and Sponsor in connection with the Sweepstakes, shall be governed by, and construed in accordance with, the laws of the State of California, without giving effect to any choice of law or conflict of law rules (whether of the State of California or any other jurisdiction), which would cause the application of the laws of any jurisdiction other than the State of California.
- WINNERS LIST: For a list of winners available after January 6, 2020, visit send a self-addressed, stamped envelope for receipt by March 6, 2020 to: NAMM, 5790 Armada Drive, Carlsbad, CA 92008.
Copyright ©2019 National Association of Music Merchants. All rights reserved.